|(Permission is granted to print and redistribute this material
as long as this header and the footer at the end are included.)
1) [line 1] MOSIF HU - he is adding [to the words of Rebbi Aba, and he is
5) [line 23] AMORA'EI NINHU V'ALIBA D'REBBI YOCHANAN - the Amora'im disagree about the opinion of Rebbi Yochanan
6) [line 27] BI'FELUGTA - [the subject of dispute between Rav Dimi, Rebbi Elazar, and Reish Lakish] is the [same] dispute [as that of Rav Hamnuna, Rav Nachman, and Rav Sheshes]
7) [line 35] HA'OMER TENU SHEKEL LI'VNI B'SHABBOS - one who said, "Give one Shekel to my son per week" (either because he was on his deathbed, or because he was embarking on a journey). There are two Shekalim in one Sela, and thus one Shekel is worth half of a Sela.
8) [line 35] RE'UYIN LITEN SELA - they are fit to be given a Sela (i.e. the allowance allocated to them is less than their expenses)
9) [line 1] YIRESHU ACHERIM TACHTEIHEM - others should inherit [my property] in their place
10) [line 4] HU MOSIV LAH, V'HU MEFAREK LAH - he asked the question and he himself answered it
11) [line 5] B'RA'UY L'YORSHO - [the case is when the person to whom the father bequeaths his property is] one who is fit to inherit him (i.e. the father wants all of his property to be inherited by one son and not by any of the other sons)
12) [line 5] REBBI YOCHANAN BEN BEROKAH HU - [the Tana of the Beraisa] is Rebbi Yochanan ben Berokah, who maintains that a father has the right to grant one son a larger share of the inheritance than the others
13) [line 17] YERUSHAH EIN LAH HEFSEK - inheritance has no interruption (once a person inherits property, that property is then inherited by his children when he dies and the line of inheritance is not discontinued)
14) [line 17] TIYUVTA D'CHULHU TIYUVTA - this is a refutation of all of them (all of the statements of the Amora'im, except for Ravin in the name of Rebbi Yochanan, and Rav Sheshes)
15) [line 18] V'TISBERA?! - Is that reasonable?!
17) [line 22] KOL TOCH KEDEI DIBUR K'DIBUR DAMI
18) [last line] L'VAR ME'AVODAS KOCHAVIM - with the exception of idol worship (if someone has designated an object to be used for Avodah Zarah, he cannot retract or rescind his designation, even "Toch Kedei Dibur")