BACKGROUND ON THE DAILY DAF
brought to you by Kollel Iyun Hadaf of Har Nof
Ask A Question on the daf
Previous dafEruvin 92
ERUVIN 92, 93 - have been dedicated by Mrs. Rita Grunberger of Queens,
N.Y., in loving memory of her late husband, Yitzchok Yakov ben Eliyahu
Grunberger. Mr Grunberger helped many people quietly in an unassuming
manner and is sorely missed by all who knew him.
1) [line 9] V'CHI REBBI LO SHENA'AH, REBBI CHIYA MINAYIN LO? - since Rebbi
did not teach it in the Mishnah (because he did not want to establish the
Halachah accordingly), then from where did Rebbi Chiya, his student,
conclude that it is the Halachah?!
2) [last line] ASUR LIZRO'A (KIL'EI HA'KEREM/KIL'EI ZERA'IM)
It is forbidden to plant different types of crops together as it states in
the Torah, "Sadecha Lo Sizra Kil'ayim," - "Do not plant different species
(together) in your field." (Vayikra 19:19), and "Lo Sizra Karmecha
Kil'ayim, Pen Tikdash ha'Melei'ah ha'Zera Asher Tizra u'Sevu'as ha'Karem."
- "You shall not sow your vineyard with other species, lest the fruit of
the seed which you have sown, and the fruit of the vineyard, be
forfeited." (Devarim 22:9). If one sows Kil'ayim, the produce becomes
prohibited ('Kidesh,' from the word in the verse, 'Tikdash').
5) [line 17] HISHVAH ES GIFUFEHA - if he extended the walls of the small
courtyard to the far end of the large courtyard, thereby removing the
effect of the projecting sides of the large courtyard
6) [line 18] SILUK MECHITZOS HU - [that is not a case where the presence
of a Mechitzah creates a stringency,] rather, it is a case of the removal
of the outer Mechitzos