|(Permission is granted to print and redistribute this material
as long as this header and the footer at the end are included.)
1) [line 9] HA'NIDRESES - that is trampled upon by many people
3) [line 23] DERECH ALAV - (a) he passed it *over* himself, above ten Tefachim from the ground of Reshus ha'Rabim, which is a Mekom Petur (RASHI); (b) he passed it *in front of* himself, from his right hand to his left. We might have assumed that at the point where he is holding the object in front of himself, it is considered at rest, since most objects are held in this fashion.
4) [line 26] IYUNEI ME'AYEN BEHU - people study them intently, [and will pause for some time on the threshold]
5) [line 13] ZIZ - a protruding piece of wood or stone (which is four Tefachim wide and ten Tefachim above the ground); a ledge
6) [line 21] KITONIYOS - flasks
9) [line 35] V'YASHTIN - and urinate