REVIEW QUESTIONS ON GEMARA AND RASHI
prepared by Rabbi Eliezer Chrysler
Kollel Iyun Hadaf, Jerusalem
Previous daf Kidushin 35
KIDUSHIN 32-35 - Ari Kornfeld has generously sponsored the Dafyomi
publications for these Dafim for the benefit of Klal Yisrael.
(a) According to Rebbi Yochanan ben Berokah, Mora and Piryah ve'Rivyah are
not considered 'Sh'nei Kesuvim ha'Ba'in ke'Echad', because both are needed.
Why can we not learn ...
(b) According to those who hold 'Sh'nei Kesuvim ha'Ba'in ke'Echad Melamdin',
what problem do we have ...
- ... Piryah ve'Rivyah with a 'Mah Matzinu' from Mora?
- ... Mora with a 'Mah Matzinu' from Piryah ve'Rivyah?
(c) Rava cited the Papuna'i who knew the answer to these Kashyos.
- ... from Matzah and Hakheil (like we asked on the previous Amud)?
- ... from Talmud Torah and Pidyon ha'Ben (according to Rebbi Yochanan ben Berokah, who cannot include Piryah ve'Rivyah in this list)?
was he referring?
(d) What does Rav Acha bar Ya'akov ...
- ... learn from the Pasuk in Bo "ve'Hayah Lecha le'Os al Yadecha ... Lema'an Tihyeh Toras Hashem be'Ficha"?
- ... extrapolate from there?
(a) What is the problem with this, according to those who hold that Tefilin
is a Mitzvas Asei she'Lo ha'Z'man Geramah?
(b) We answer that Rebbi Meir is the Tana who considers Tefilin a Mitzvas
Asei she'Lo ha'Z'man Geramah.
So what if he is?
(c) Rebbi Yehudah, who holds 'Sh'nei Kesuvim ha'Ba'in ke'Echad, Melamdin,
also considers Tefilin to be a Mitzvas Asei she'Lo ha'Z'man Geramah.
where will he learn that women are exempt from all Mitzvos Asei she'ha'Z'man
(d) According to Abaye, who holds 'Ishah, Ba'alah Mesamchah', how can we
include Hakheil in this list?
(a) What does ...
Answers to questions
(b) We require three Pesukim because we cannot learn one from the other.
- ... Rav Yehudah Amar Rav as well as Tana de'Bei Rebbi Yishmael learn from the Pasuk in Naso (in connection with the Korban Shevu'as ha'Pikadon by Gezel ha'Ger) "Ish O Ishah Asher Ya'aseh mi'Kol Chat'os ha'Adam"?
- ... de'Bei Rebbi Eliezer from the Pasuk in Mishpatim ... "ve'Eileh ha'Mishpatim Asher Tasim Lifneihem"?
- ... de'Bei Chizkiyah from the Pasuk in Mishpatim "ve'Im Shor Nagach Hu ... ve'Heimis Ish O Ishah"?
Why can we not learn ...
- ... the second case (regarding Dinim) from the first (regarding Kaparah)?
- ... the first from the second?
- ... the first two cases from the third (of death)?
(a) What do we learn from the Pasuk in Emor ...
(b) Apart from the logical outcome of the fact that a woman has no beard to
destroy, what reason do we give for 'Lo Sashchis' not applying to a woman?
- ... "Emor el ha'Kohanim B'nei Aharon"?
- ... "Lo Sakifu Pe'as Roshchem ve'Lo Sachchis es Pe'as Zekanecha"?
How do we derive it directly from the Lashon of the Pasuk?
(a) How do we initially establish the Beraisa 'Z'kan Ishah ve'ha'Saris
she'He'elu Se'ar, Harei Hein ke'Zakan le'Chol Divreihem'? What problem does
(b) Abaye refutes this interpretation of the Beraisa however, on the basis
of the 'Gezeirah-Shavah' "Pe'as" "Pe'as" (see Tosfos DH 'le'Hashchasah', as
to why Abaye retracts from the previous D'rashah).
is he referring to?
(c) We query the need for this 'Gezeirah-Shavah', on the basis of a 'Kal
Which 'Kal va'Chomer'?
(d) We refute the 'Kal va'Chomer' however, and establish the need for the
'Gezeirah-Shavah', based on the argument 'Hifsik ha'Inyan'.
What does this
(a) On what grounds do we query this argument too? Why might we say 'Hifsik
(b) Based on the Pasuk "Lo Sashchis" written by Yisre'eilim, and "Lo
Yegaleichu" written by Kohanim, what alternative D'rashah could we make from
(c) Why is one not Chayav for cutting one's beard ...
(d) On what basis do we finally discard the S'vara of 'Hifsik ha'Inyan' and
still remain with the previous D'rashah from the 'Gezeirah-Shavah'?
- ... with scissors?
- ... a plane?
(a) So we try to establish the Beraisa 'Z'kan Ishah ve'ha'Saris she'He'elu
Se'ar, Harei Hein ke'Zakan le'Chol Divreihem' with regard to Tum'as Nega'im.
What does this mean?
(b) On what grounds do we initially reject this proposal?
(c) So we try to establish it with re. to Taharas Nega'im.
What does that
(d) We reject this suggestion too however, on the grounds that wherever
there is Tum'as Nega'im, it goes without saying that there is Taharas
Nega'im. We conclude 'Itz'trich, Salka Da'atach Amina li'Tzedadim'.
does that mean?
(a) What does Isi ben Yehudah, quoting a Beraisa, extrapolate from the Pasuk
in Re'ei ...
How do we now repudiate the previous Kashya? Why, according to Isi ben
Yehudah, can "Ki Am Kadosh" not pertain to Seritah exclusively?
(b) On what grounds does the Tana prefer to include women in Gedidah and to
preclude them from Korchah (rather than vice-versa)?
- ... "*Banim* Atem la'Hashem Elokeichem, Lo Sisgodedu ve'Lo Sasimu Korchah Bein Eineichem la'Meis"?
- ... "Ki *Am* Kadosh Atah la'Hashem Elokecha"?
(c) We ask why "Banim Atem" should not preclude women from both Korchah and
Gedidah, and "Ki Am Kadosh" include them in the Din of "Seritah" ("ve'Seret
la'Nefesh Lo Sitnu ... " [Kedoshim]).
What would be the advantage in
learning like this (even though "Seritah" is not written in the same
(d) If we did learn that way, what would be the difference between Seritah
Answers to questions