|(Permission is granted to print and redistribute this material
as long as this header and the footer at the end are included.)
1) [line 21] RACHAV BI'SHEMAH ZINSAH - a person who mentions the name Rachav becomes filled with immoral intentions
2) [line 23] MIYAD NIKRI - he would immediately have an incidence of Keri (nocturnal emission)
3) [line 25] GAVAR MALKA ILA'A MI'MALKA TATA'A - this is a euphemism for "the lower king (Achashveirosh) overcame the Higher (Heavenly) King"
4) [line 26] VA'TISCHALCHAL - and her insides became hollow (MAHARSHA)
6) [line 36] ARKUMA D'MAYA - a pool of water
b) [line 1] PRUZBUTEI - (lit. a claim or document of the poor) Haman was
11) [line 9] TZIVYONO - the Creator's will, desire
13) [line 24] "GAM ELEH..." - "But they also reel through wine, and stagger through strong drink; [the Kohen and the prophet reel through strong drink, they are confused by wine; they stagger through strong drink; they err in vision,] they stumble in judgment." (Yeshayah 28:7)
14) [line 26] L'FUKAH - as a stumbling block
19) [line 46] "SEVE'IM BA'LECHEM NISKARU..." - "Those who were full have hired out themselves for bread..." (Shmuel I 2:5) - The Gemara reads the first word of this verse as "Shiv'im" for the Derashah.
20) [line 51] D'RACHIM LI - who likes me