|(Permission is granted to print and redistribute this material
as long as this header and the footer at the end are included.)
24) [line 1] "HASH-M, ALEIHEM YICHYU UL'CHOL BAHEN CHAYEI RUCHI, V'SACHALIMENI V'HACHAYENI." - "HaSh-m, about them [You said,] 'They will live, and the life of My spirit is in all of them,' and may You heal me and revive me." (Yeshayah 38:16)
25) [line 2] HA'SOLES VEHA'SHEMEN EIN ME'AKVIN ES HA'YAYIN (NESACHIM)
(a) The Minchas Nesachim is a Korban Minchah (flour-offering) that is brought together with a Korban Shelamim or Olah, whether the Korban is offered by the Tzibur (Bamidbar 28:11-15, 20-21) or by an individual (Bamidbar 15:3-16). It is called Minchas "Nesachim" because it is normally brought along with the Nesachim (wine libations) that are offered with these Korbanos.
(b) The mixture of flour and olive oil is salted and completely burned on the Mizbe'ach and the wine is poured into one of the Sefalim (the silver libation pipes located at the top of the southwestern corner of the Mizbe'ach) (RAMBAM and RA'AVAD Hilchos Ma'aseh ha'Korbanos 2:1). The amount of flour, oil and wine needed depends upon the animal offered, as specified in Bamidbar (ibid.).
26) [line 3] HA'MATANOS SHE'AL HA'MIZBE'ACH HA'CHITZON - the "placings" of blood on the outer Mizbe'ach
27) [line 5] "U'MINCHASAM V'NISKEIHEM" - "their flour offerings and their libations" (Bamidbar 29:18) - The Gemara states that we learn from this verse that Menachos can be offered -- and Nesachim poured -- at night. (See Insights here, however, for other opinions as to the exact source of this verse.)
28) [line 5] HAVEI - bring, offer
29) [line 11] MISKADSHIN - become sanctified
30) [line 17] B'VA'IM IM HA'ZEVACH - those that are offered together (i.e. on the same day) with the animal sacrifice
31) [line 21] D'AIDI D'ASCHIL B'ACHILAH - since the verse initially mentioned eating (i.e. the "eating" of the limbs of the Olah by the Mizbe'ach)
32) [line 23] ADIFEI - take precedent, should be offered first
33) [line 24] D'MIS'AMRA SHIRAH ALAIHU - since the songs [of the Beis ha'Mikdash] are said over them (SHIRAS HA'LEVIYIM B'VEIS HA'MIKDASH)
Wine libations were brought with many of the Korbanos, as it states in Bamidbar 15:5-10. One of the appointments of the Leviyim in the Beis ha'Mikdash was to sing Tehilim and play musical instruments at the time that the wine libations were poured into special pipes at the top of the Mizbe'ach ha'Olah. At the time that the wine was poured, a signal was given for the Leviyim to begin singing the Tehilim.
34) [last line] D'CHAG - of Sukos (the verses in Bamidbar 29:12-34 describe the various animal sacrifices that were brought on the festival of Sukos)
35) [last line] D'ROSH CHODESH - of Rosh Chodesh (the verses in Bamidbar 28:11-15 describe the various animal sacrifices that were brought on Rosh Chodesh)
36) [last line] ATZERES - Shavu'os (the verses in Bamidbar 28:26-31 describe the various animal sacrifices that were brought on the festival of Shavu'os)
37) [last line] D'CHUMASH HA'PEKUDIM - of the book of numbers, i.e. Bamidbar (the verses mentioned in the previous two entries)