|(Permission is granted to print and redistribute this material
as long as this header and the footer at the end are included.)
1) [line 4] B'MATANOS SHE'LO HURMU - referring to Terumos and Ma'asros that were not yet separated
2) [line 9] D'LO LISH'HI L'TIVLEI - in order that he should not leave Tevel in his possession without first separating Terumos and Ma'asros
3) [line 16] SHEMA TA'ADIF - lest she produce for him a larger quantity than she is obligated to give him. The Mishnah in Kesuvos (5:9) states that a woman must produce the weight of five Sela'im of Shesi (spun warp thread, the longitudinal thread of the loom, which is thinner and harder to make than the woof thread, the latitudinal thread) in Yehudah, which is the equivalent of ten Sela'im of Shesi in the Galil, or the weight of ten Sela'im of Erev (woof) in Yehudah, which is the equivalent of twenty Sela'im of Erev in the Galil.
4) [line 20] ADAM MAKDISH DAVAR SHE'LO BA L'OLAM
5) [line 1] HA'MOSAR - the amount that one's wife produces over and above the amount prescribed in the Mishnah (Kesuvos ibid.)
6) [line 16] YEKADESHU YADAY L'OSEIHEN - "my hands shall be consecrated to their Maker (RASHI to Kidushin 63a, TOSFOS DH Yikadshu), such that what they produce will be Hekdesh." [By making a Neder in this fashion, the Neder can take effect on products of the hands that the hands have not yet produced and do not yet exist, since the Neder takes effect on the hands, which do exist already.]