1) [line 5] NAFAL TORA - if an ox falls to the ground
5) [line 8] SHAVKEI L'RAVYA - leave a drunk alone
11) [line 10] A'BAV CHENVASA - by the door of shops
22) [line 23] MEGALGELIN ZECHUS AL YEDEI ZAKAI V'CHOVAH AL YEDEI CHAYAV - a meritorious act is brought about from heaven through a meritorious person and a liable act through a guilty person
23) [line 24] HISVADEH - confess
29) [line 29] "IM YESH ALAV ... ME'REDES SHACHAS, MATZASI CHOFER" - "If he has an angel who defends him, one among a thousand, to declare his righteousness. Then He is gracious to him, and says, 'Deliver him from going down to the pit of destruction; I have found a ransom'" (Iyov 33:23-24) The phrase, "One among a thousand" can refer to one angel among one thousand angels or one plea out of one thousand claims of one angel.
30) [line 35] ARNA - "the chest"
33) [line 38] DIVKEI MISAH - Three actions of a woman which bring death upon (lit. *attach* death to) her before her time
*34*) [last line] HILCHOS ... TERUMOS - (The word Terumos includes Chalah - which is why this statement is mentioned in our Sugya - see Rashi)
35) [line 5] "AL TITEN ES PICHA LA'CHATI ..." - "Do not let your mouth bring sin upon your flesh (your sons), and do not say before the messenger (the treasurer of Hekdesh) that it was a mistake; why should the Almighty be angry at your voice (your vow) and destroy the work of your hands?" (Koheles 5:5)
36) [line 13] "LA'SHAV HIKEISI ES BENEICHEM?! MUSAR LO LAKACHU" - "Have I smitten your sons for no reason?! [It is because] *you* did not learn discipline (the ways of the Torah) (Yirmeyahu 2:30, according to Rashi and Metzudas David ibid.)
37) [line 27] "GAM BI'CHNAFAYICH NIMTZE'U, DAM NAFSHOS EVYONIM NEKIYIM" - "Also because of the corners of your garments (upon which you did not put Tzitzis), the blood of the innocent poor (young children) was found among you (Yirmeyahu 2:34)
38) [line 29] SHE'ASU PESACHIM K'MACHTERES - that they made their doorways like tunnels (which are exempt from the Mitzvah of Mezuzah since they do not have door-frames), even though the doorways had door-frames
39) [line 32] SIMAN SANE CHALAH TERUMAH NIGZELES DINA SHEVU'AH SHIFUCHTA GILUYA V'NAVLUSA - This Siman (sign) is a memory device which hints at the next nine Sugyos that appear in the Gemara
40) [line 34] MAPELES NEFALIM - miscarries
43) [line 36] "AF ANI ..." - "Even I will do the same to you; I will diminish you with feelings of sudden terror, along with consumption and fever, destroying your outlook and making life hopeless. You will plant your crop in vain, because your enemies will eat it" (Vayikra 26:16) "I will diminish you" refers to the depletion of the storehouses of wine and oil. "Behalah" (feelings of sudden terror) is read "b'Chalah" - because of the sin of not separating Chalah or not giving it to the Kohen. "Destroying your outlook and making life hopeless" refers to the price rates of produce, which will be hit with run-away inflation.
44) [line 40] VEHA'YOKER HAVAH - and scarcity is permanent
46) [line 44] "HAVI'U ES KOL HA'MA'ASER ..." (Malachi 3:10) - "Bring all the tithes into the storehouse so that there may be food in My house, and please test Me with it, ... if I will not open for you the windows of heaven, and pour out for you blessing with no end"
47) [line 46] AD SHE'YIVLU SIFSOSEICHEM MI'LOMAR DAI - until your lips will wear out and weary from saying "enough"
48) [line 47] GOVAI - locusts
50) [last line] NASHEI DI'MECHUZA - women of Mechuza