|(Permission is granted to print and redistribute this material
as long as this header and the footer at the end are included.)
1) [line 1] SHE'MESUKAN - it is prepared for this purpose before Shabbos
3) [line 7] MEDINAH - the entire area of the Land of Israel to the exclusion of the Beis ha'Mikdash
4) [line 27] MEFANIN - it is permitted to clear away and remove
7) [line 30] DEMAI
(b) Terumas Ma'aser, and Ma'aser Sheni must be separated from this produce since a minority of Amei ha'Aretz cannot be trusted to have separated them before selling it. Terumah Gedolah, however, (because of its stringency) is presumed to have been separated. Ma'aser Rishon and Ma'aser Ani are separated from the produce, but eaten by the owner (in keeping with the principle "ha'Motzi Mechavero Alav ha'Re'ayah").
8) [line 30] MA'ASER RISHON
(b) After Terumah is removed from the produce, the first tithe to be given every year is called Ma'aser Rishon; one tenth of the produce must be given to a Levi.
9) [line 31] MA'ASER SHENI
(b) The tithe that is separated during the first, second, fourth and fifth years is called Ma'aser Sheni. The Torah requires that Ma'aser Sheni be brought and eaten by its owner in Yerushalayim. Alternatively, Ma'aser Sheni produce may be redeemed, in which case the money used to redeem it is brought to Yerushalayim. The food which is bought with that money in Yerushalayim becomes Kodesh like Ma'aser Sheni and must be eaten b'Taharah.
10) [line 32] TURMOS - lupine, a type of pod or bean of the pea family
13) [line 36] CHARDAL - mustard-seed