|(Permission is granted to print and redistribute this material
as long as this header and the footer at the end are included.)
1) [line 9] TZEVURAH - which is piled up
3) [line 30] DEKUREI D'HARPANYA - the (large) baskets (RASHI Bava Metzia 84a, TOSFOS Chulin 4a DH Dekurya) of Harpaniya, a rich industrial town in Bavel
4) [line 37] IMER - removed the sheaves [by carrying them less than four
Amos at a time]
*6*) [line 3] U'MA'ASEH B'ADAM ECHAD - According to the She'iltos (Shemos #40), it was Rebbi Akiva who was working for Rebbi Eliezer ben Hurkenos (before both of them became Talmidei Chachamim and Gedolei ha'Dor -- see Maharatz Chayos and Hagahos Ben Aryeh).
7) [line 9] HIFSHIL KEILAV LA'ACHORAV - he put his garments/utensils over his shoulder, preparing for a journey
8) [line 10] B'FACHEI NEFESH - dejected
15) [line 47] SHE'HIKDIMO BA'SHIBOLIM
(b) After Terumah Gedolah is removed from the produce, the first tithe to be given every year is called Ma'aser Rishon; one tenth of the produce must be given to a Levi. The Levi, in turn, must separate one tenth of his Ma'aser Rishon as Terumas Ma'aser, to be given to a Kohen, as it states in Bamidbar 18:26.
(c) If a Levi came to the field and claimed the Ma'aser Rishon from the stalks, before the grain was separated, the requirement to give Terumah Gedolah is canceled, as Reish Lakish proves from the wording of the verse (ibid.).
16) [line 51] HAI IDGAN - this one (the Kri), was heaped into a pile, classifying it as Dagan, which necessitates separating *Terumah Gedolah*, as the verse (Devarim 18:4) states regarding Terumah Gedolah, "Reshis *Degancha* ... Titen Lo" - "You should give him the first [part that you separate] from your produce"
17) [last line] CHOMESH
(b) Alternatively, Ma'aser Sheni produce may be redeemed, in which case the money used to redeem it is brought to Yerushalayim. If the owner himself redeems the produce, he must add an additional *fifth* (of the ensuing total, or a *quarter* of the original value). The food which is bought with that money in Yerushalayim becomes Kodesh like Ma'aser Sheni and must be eaten b'Taharah. Ma'aser Sheni that was redeemed by anyone besides the owner is exempt from the fifth.