|(Permission is granted to redistribute this material as long as the Kollel
header and the subscription info at the end are included.)
brought to you by Kollel Iyun Hadaf of Har Nof
Rosh Kollel: Rabbi Mordecai Kornfeld
Email - email@example.com
Yoma Chart #11
|THE AVODAH|| (A)
THE TIME WRITTEN IN THE
VERSE FOR THIS AVODAH
THE REASON WHY THIS AVODAH
COMES BEFORE THE NEXT ONE
(FOR THE KORBAN TAMID)
(FOR THE KETORES)
|Regarding the Shnei
Gezirei Etzim the verse
says "Aleha," implying
"on it" and not on another
|3)|| SHNEI GEZIREI ETZIM
(UPON THE MA'ARACHAH
|(ba'Boker ba'Boker)(3)||They take precedence over
the Dishun since they are
necessary for the burning
of the Ketores(4); also,
they complete the arrange-
ment of the Ma'arachah
|ba'Boker ba'Boker(5)||Ein Maavirin Al ha'Mitzvos|
|5)||HATAVAH OF THE FIRST
| ba'Boker ba'Boker(5)
|The word "Boker" is used
three times with
regard to Hatavas ha'Neros
OF THE TAMID
|The word "Boker" is
mentioned two times; also,
this Avodah is Mechaper(9)
|7)|| HATAVAH OF THE LAST
|ba'Boker ba'Boker(5)||The verse states,
"b'Heitivo Es ha'Neros
(ON INNER MIZBE'ACH)
|ba'Boker ba'Boker(5)|| The word "Boker" is
|9)||HAKTARAS EIVARIM OF
|ba'Boker(8)||The verse says "ha'Olah"
which implies that it is
the first item to be
offered upon the Mizbe'ach
|10)||MINCHAS HA'TAMID|| The verse states,
|11)||CHAVISEI KOHEN GADOL||It, too, is a Minchah|
|12)||NISCHEI HA'TAMID|| The verse states (ibid.),
(ON SHABBOS, ETC.)
|b'Yom ha'Shabbos(14)||It says "b'Yom ha'Shabbos"
|14)|| SHNEI BEZICHIM
| b'Yom ha'Shabbos
|These must be brought
before the Tamid, as the
verse teaches, "Aleha
ha'Shelamim" -- *Aleha
Hashlem* Kol ha'Korbanos
|15)|| TAMID SHEL
(AND THE KETORES AND NEROS)
(1) Furthermore, if no wood was found other than that placed on the Ma'arachah Gedolah, coals would be brought from there for the Ketores. Consequently, the Ma'arachah Gedolah also has the advantage that it is [potentially] brought into the Heichal ("Nichnas Bifnim").
(2) This implies that there is already another Ma'arachah.
(3) Vayikra 6:6. However, since it is not necessary to write those words there, the Gemara expounds them using the principle of "Im Eino Inyan" and says that one "ba'Boker" belongs with the Avodah of the five Neros, and one with the Zerikah of the blood of the Tamid.
(4) That is, if no Ma'arachah Sheniyah was arranged, coals from the Ma'arachah Gedolah -- upon which the Shnei Gezirei Etzim would be burned -- for burning the Ketores.
(5) Shemos 30:7. Actually, it only says "ba'Boker ba'Boker" once in the verse. However, the implication is that it refers to each Avodah mentioned in the verse -- Hatavas ha'Neros, Haktaras ha'Ketores, and Dishun Mizbe'ach Penimi (since there can only be Haktaras ha'Ketores after Dishun, Rashi). It is as if it said "ba'Boker ba'Boker" separately with each of those Avodos.
(6) That is, the Gemara learns that it is as if it said an additional "ba'Boker" regarding this Avodah, since it is using the "ba'Boker" which is written in the verse of the Shnei Gezirei Etzim. (The reason that the Torah did not simply write an additional "ba'Boker" in the verse of Hatavas ha'Neros is because nowhere does the Torah mention the Avodah of the five Neros by itself. As such, it would not have been possible to attribute an additional "ba'Boker" in the verse exclusively to the Avodah of the five Neros. RITVA)
(7) One of the two words "ba'Boker" written in the verse of Shnei Gezirei Etzim is actually referring to the Avodah of the five Neros (thereby bringing the total number of words "ba'Boker" to three), thus making it precede some other Avodah (which only has the word "ba'Boker" twice) which serves to separate between the first five Neros and the last two Neros. The separating Avodah according to Abaye (who is expressing the opinion of Aba Sha'ul), cannot be the Ketores, so it must be the Shechitas ha'Tamid.
(8) Shemos 29:39
(9) See Insights. One of the two words "ba'Boker" written in the verse of Shnei Gezirei Etzim must be referring to the Zerikas ha'Dam, and thus it comes before the Hatavah of the last two Neros, in order to fulfill the need for a separation between the first five and last two Neros.
(10) This is the opinion of Aba Sha'ul. According to the Rabanan, the Ketores indeed comes before the Neros and serves to separate between the Hatavah of the first five Neros and the last two Neros.
(11) This is derived from the extra letter "Heh" in "ha'Olah," since it could have written "Olah" (this is the intention of RASHI, 34a, DH Talmud Lomar, as the RASHASH points out).
(12) There is an opinion that argues and holds that the Korban Musaf is brought *after* the Shnei Bezichim. This opinion learns that the Bezichim come first because of their association with the Minchas Chavisin ("Chukah Chukah") -- just like the Minchas Chavisin comes before the Musafim, so, too the Bezichim come before the Musafim. Nevertheless, since the verse says "b'Yom" twice regarding the Bezichim, they are brought *after* the Nesachim. Thus, they are brought between the Nesachim and the Musafim.
(13) That is, "Aleha Hashlem" ("on it complete all other Korbanos") refers to the morning Tamid. It means that only after the morning Tamid may one bring other Korbanos, but after the afternoon Tamid no additional Korbanos may be brought.
(14) Bamidbar 28:9
(15) Vayikra 24:8. So should read the text of RASHI, DH b'Yom (RASHASH).
(16) Also, the Lechem ha'Panim (RITVA).
|List of Charts
to the Daf
to the Daf
|Review the Daf
Questions and Answers
|Point by Point